The Planning Department's mission is to improve the quality of life within Clinton County by promoting the wise use of natural and man-based resources. Issues and needs that are commonly addressed by the department include land use planning and zoning, agriculture, environmental impact assessment, disaster recovery, recreation, housing and public transportation.
- Technical assistance on planning and zoning issues to local municipalities and the public
- Administration of the Clinton County Public Transit System (CCPT)
- Administration of the State directed Agricultural District Program
- Land development information, including wetlands, floodplains, and aerial photos
- Staff to Clinton County Planning Board
- Census and other vital statistics
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Mapping and Analysis